Saturday, April 5, 2008

I burnt, but then I shone

I got an idea once,

Weird though, but seemed new

I went to myself- that untouched one

and brought four candles

Lit them all, quite bright they shone


Picked the first, was called “sorrow”, I read

Wondered why it was shining brightest

Ah! Was about to finish,

Those who shine bright, always fade soon


Then came the candle called “love”

Beautiful, gracious like a seraph, of dreams

White, like a morning cloud in sky

But like sorrow, it too bid goodbye


Third seemed firm than rest of all, “friendship”

Pink, the color, I remember it had

Lasted for long, seemed with me from ages

Nightmare alive, when I saw, it too went off


The last one, now very dim, gone almost; was my “faith”

was kept in middle of others

centered, as if for help, I picked it up and blew it off

Its all dark now..

who sees any ways—You laugh, You cry and then You die

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
test said...

hey dats what is called talent.. ur poem tells the old things but with ur style which rocks..

Gagan said...

very nice !! keep posting !!

Priyanka Vaishnav said...

Ohh Man... Well now in my dictionary.... there are no words to compliment u for this poem... loved it like anything... Damn!!! I m still wondering that how someone can describe his thoughts so beautifully in words... I loved these lines the most......

Those who shine bright, always fade soon

&

Its all dark now..

who sees any ways—You laugh, You cry and then You die..

I found last line so realistic... :) Just wish u keep rocking same way...

Raj Rishi said...

@manorath thanks a looot for liking it buddy :) I really appreciate yr comment n will try to improve

@gagan thanks, will make sure I "get" enough in my head to keep posting here :P

@priyanka thanks once again, will try to be better :)
a one additional line btw ...

"and Those who fade, yeah they just fade away"

I laughed a lot on my tears,
I cried a lot on those laughs...
I died too; wrapping up my cries, those laughs together

My triumph....truth & purity...

For those who can make out a lot from the things i wrote...
For those who believe in remnants
But more for those who believe in rebirth...

Depths n Heights have no limits...n if u've seen, then U Haven't Started Yet